Pont Valley Camp has been re-established at a new location not of course on the one provided by banks for “official protest”.
Here is the message from Pont Valley Defenders, Protectors, the Wondering Perpetually Marginalized “Outsiders” and from the Shape Shifting Newt Impersonators:
“In the past days, we’ve successfully managed to delay Banks work. On Saturday, a community-led demonstration was organised in front of the site. Banks group did not work on that day while locals were taking a stand against climate catastrophe, coal dust pollution, traffic chaos and environmental destruction.
After two attempts to stop machines in the past weeks, this Tuesday a group of activist successfully delayed Banks work for more than 7 hours. They put their bodies on the line, locking on in front of the main gates to the site.
Time is running out for Banks Group to build an access road before their planning permission expires on 3rd June. Together we can delay the work and SAVE THE VALLEY! Everyone’s involvement in the campaign has a massive impact on its outcome!
Future generations are depending on us standing up against coal extraction and stopping climate change. The air we breath is under attack. Our beautiful countryside, the species who call it home are calling on us to act. It’s now or never.
Please come to camp, get in touch to see how you can get involved, spread the word, join us in London, Bristol, Edinburgh, Sheffield and Hull where we have various events organised in the next day!
Here is the list but not limited to from the Pont Valley Road Show:
– 09/05 19:00 info night in Sheffield, at Foodhall, Eyre Street S1 4QW
– 10/05 17:30-19:00, info night in Hull, at Ground, 60 Beverley Road, HU3 1YE
– 10/05 evening – info night at Faslane Peace Camp, A814, Shandon near Rhu, Helensburgh, G84 8HL
– 11/05 18:00 info night in Edinburgh, at the Forest Cafe, 141 Lauriston Pl, EH3 9JN
– 12/05 07:00-13:00, Community Demo Picnic and Kite Making in front of the site, opposite Our Lady and Saint Joseph Church, !692, Leadgate, DH8 6RS.
– 13/05 17:00-23:00: Anti Coal-amity Party in Bristol, Cafe Ronak, 169
Gloucester Road, BS7 8BE.
If you would like to put an event anywhere in UK or in other parts of Europe to spread the word of the struggle please get in touch with:
protectpontvalley at gmail.com