The AAA Pödelwitz invites you for an extended weekend of workshops, concerts and networking to strengthen the resistance against coal mining and capitalism from the 3rd to the 6th of January 2019.
Where? | What is the program? | What else? | What should I bring with me? | Things we need to make it happen | Contact
In the East of Germany, near to Leipzig, in a small village named Pödelwitz, which is threatened to be destroyed in order to make the close opencast coal mine bigger. The villagers risk to be dispossessed of their houses.
The exact location is not fixed yet, but everyone will have the opportunity to sleep inside in a communal place, where people can pitch tents for more intimacy.
What is the program?
People will be on site starting the 1st of January, you are welcome to come that day to help setting up camp.
The 3rd, we are hoping to bring together a political art exposition.
From the 4-6th, it is going to be
- Workshops about skills like hitchhiking, massages, internet security, press work, organ playing, ballet, sweat lodge building,…
- Talks about consent, anonymity, coal mining in other parts of the world, degrowth,…
- Music, films in relation to our fight, networking with like-minded people, yoga, camp fire, vegan food.
We are still looking for people to give workshop, facilitate discussions or play music, if you’re interested, let us know at aaa_poedelwitz(at)riseup(dot)net !
Meals: Together we will prepare vegan meals.
Kosten: You don’t have to pay to attend to the skillshare. But if you can afford it, we would appreciate any donation to help us with the costs of the infrastructure and the food.
People will stay in Pödelwitz long after the skillshare is ended, to keep the resistance going and strengthen the bonds with the local community, if you want, stick around a bit!
What should I bring with me?
- Warm sleeping bag
- Tent and mattress
- Warm clothes
- Music instrument
- Your own cutlery
- Head torch
- Donations: You don’t have to pay to attend to the skillshare. But if you can afford it, we would appreciate any donation to help us with the costs of the infrastructure and the food.
List of things we need to make it happen
If you think you can donate some of it, let us know by email!
- Yurt or big tent
- Vegan food (including spices and oil)
- Blankets, sleeping bags, mattresses, pillows, carpet (to make it cosy)
- Flip chart
- Wood, tools, nails, building material, straw
- Cutlery, washing up liquid, sponges
- Solar panel, lights
- Toilet paper and hand sanitizer
- Envelopes and stamps, books, pens, paper
- Banner material
Let us know if you want to be part of the organisation team and learn with us to make such an event happen!
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/2013752912257840/