For past 31 days actions have taken place as part of Hunger Strike for the Climate?! and against Corona Marginalization, Profiteering and Repression through out the state of North Rhine Westphalia. We have taken our demands of:
1. No sidelining of Climate Crisis in itself connected to habitat loss and migration that is causing and magnifying of the latest capitalist structural crisis of Covid 19 pandemic.
2. Release of prisoners from NRW jails, the last land in Bundes Republic territory not to do so to decrease the risk of outbreak of corona in its overcrowded prisons.
3. Solidarity with refugees and call for release and closure of refugee camps on the greek island and of US ICE Immigration detention where conditions are dire and outbreaks occur on every day basis.
4. Call for supermarkets to stop throwing food in the trash, exposing activists, the poor, the elderly and the homeless to all the pathogens that are in the store by having to go through the supermarkets garbage.
5. Call for anonymous testing and amnesty for forest activists during the pandemic. Both are preventing not just activists but all without valid id from being tested and stress on using police to address the crisis is making numerous populations reluctant and not able to seek treatment.
6. Connecting and full responsibility for RWE of its epicenter of respiratory deseases caused by coal based emission and fine particles from mining amplifying the scope of the pandemic by leaving the local population sicker and more vulnerable to this disease on top of causing more that 60000 deaths in German territory alone. Same with RWEs effect on the global climate disaster unfolding before our eyes.
7. Opening Up of villages, buildings and to be destroyed homes laying in the path of RWEs toxic mines for social, ecological and living spaces.
Last but not least:
8. No instrumentalization of Corona for new waves of repression against forest and climate activists and ever increasing groups of marginalized segments of society: the homeless and the poor, elderly, ethnic minorities and refugees, and prisoners.
With the Climate Crisis continuing to unfold as RWE continues to mine around Hambacher Forst destroying surrounding, also happening in two other coal mining regions, villages and habitats and as the corona epidemic is exploited to bail out and to give billions to large polluters and heavy industries, all this as the epidemic rages in prisons, refugee camps, in the global south and in socially enclosed and collective spaces with no resources and little attention directed for those that needed it the most. For those reasons and especially to raise awareness of solidarity mutual assistance and anticapitalist critique and perspective of this and this and that in an ever list of crises perpetuated by the system for those reasons the Hunger Strike for the Climate will continue for another week taking this message to the empty of compassion, empathy and foresight edifices of power:
Monday NRW Parliament 1100 to 1300 Interior Ministry 1320 to 1500
Tuesday RWE headquarters Essen 1200 to 1500
Wed. Aachen Court and Aachener Anzeiger for its anti Climate and Pro Coal message
Thurs. Ehrenfeld JVA Koln Prison, place of detention of many Hambacher Forst Activists
Fri. Real SuperStore in Duren 1000 to 1400 a location of arrest of Hambis for liberating thrown away food.
With #reopenings & #corona #pandemic beeing seen as past its peak,its time of greatest risk for the marginalized :#refugees,#farmworkers,frontline #activists:now less attention & more normalization of #police not #healthcare as a ''cure''.#LeaveNoOneBehind pic.twitter.com/vCIJaypSGi
— THANKS FOR SUPPORT & SOLIDAITY Y'ALL!! (@End_Ecocide) May 9, 2020